Friday, February 12, 2010

1 thes 4:7

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Mhmmm...Hm..


This has been weighing on my mind...and I need to be reminded to remain focused, only then do I find myself hopeful.

“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him” (Isaiah 64:4).  

“But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). 

“Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him” (Isaiah 30:18). 

Ecclesiates 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Psalms 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. 25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.


"Waiting encourages me to be yielded when I understand whom I wait on and when I see what He does with those who wait on Him. God is never in a hurry for anything because times and seasons are in His hands. If our mission on earth is but one, He will still have us wait and be completely prepared to fulfill that one purpose because all His purposes point to His love for all of us. They must be timely."